Summer Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) Project
First Pres is participating in a CSA this summer so members can have access to a steady supply of fresh vegetables in partnership with a farmer of color, Sankofa Farms in Efland. The CSA has been developed in collaboration with RAFI-USA’s Farm and Faith Partnerships Project, and with two other congregations, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and Eno River UU Fellowship.
Durham Co. CSA Summer Season Details:
- Sourced and facilitated by Kamal Bell and Sankofa Farms
- Six-week CSA [week of June 13 – week of July 18]
- $30 / weekly produce box delivery ($180 for a full share / $90 for a half-share)
- Payment will be available online on the Sankofa Farms website.
- Payment for the entire season is due June 6, and people can purchase week-by-week as well.
- Likely produce offerings include: cabbage, kale, redbor kale, chard, tomatoes, bell peppers, celery, carrots, squash, and okra
- Pick up at First Pres on Thursday afternoons from 4:00-6:00
FOR MORE INFORMATION, contact Tom Bacon (919-403-9683) or Larry Brockman (919-824-1579).